Wednesday, 23 June 2010

New name for the blog because...

Matilda took her first steps yesterday evening! She stood up and took a few steps towards the sofa, to the intense pride and amazement of Mummy, Daddy, Nanny and Grandad. She then took several more steps (while Daddy frantically tried to capture the moment on his iphone) and has even repeated it this morning.

It's a funny one - I wasn't in any rush for her to walk and was happy for her to get there in her own time - but I still felt this weird mix of pride, happiness (for Matilda) and a twinge of sadness (not sure if that is the right word) that this lovely time is just flying by!!

Photo to follow when those little steps have been captured on camera!

2 comments:

  1. Argh - by changing the name I have lost some content (thanks for the warning Blogger!) eg my blog list and all the comments on previous posts :(

    I'd originally wanted Matilda's name in the blog title but couldn't think of anything at the time. I knew you could change names later so I thought I'd change it when I came up with something. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post though - clever Matilda! And now it's time for the arnica cream on tap for all the bumps and bashes that will no doubt follow! xxx

    ReplyDelete