Today felt very autumnal and while we waited for the sun to come over the hills Matilda and I made butternut squash and ginger jam. We used this recipe from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, but with the squash instead of pumpkin. It was really easy and tastes lovely. I think maybe I need to test for the setting point a bit earlier as I was waiting for it to thicken up but then when I tested it, it was very sticky - not sure how spreadable it will be!
After the jam was safely in the jars we headed out for a windswept but sunny walk to the park. On the way back I experimented with carrying Matilda in the ring sling as I find it very uncomfortable/tiring to carry her in my arms these days. She mostly walks everywhere these days but if she's tired she does still need to be carried really. She loved the ring sling but I found it hard to position her so she wasn't pressing down on the bump. More experimentation needed!





Hi,
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled across your blog and I really like it! How cool is that, that your parents were filmed for countryfile - I love that show :)