Well, I'm not sure if you could call it 'art' yet!!
Armed with my new book 'Beginner's Guide to Feltmaking' (by Shirley Ascher and Jane Bateman), I have attempted my first felt picture - it's a bluebell wood, in case you can't tell! I did a small sheet of grey/brown/black pre-felt first and cut that into strips for the trees and then created my pciture. I think it needs more definition and the blue and purple colours should've been mixed a bit more, but overall I was pleased. It was fun to do!
 |
| My wonderful assistant |
 |
| Design laid out, ready to felt |
 |
| The finished picture - just needs a bit of pressing to get it flat |
 |
| Close-ups of the felt |
Lovely, great first piece, have fun making more. It's a lovely book to get started on wet felting, hope you enjoy making more x
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment. I've now done another piece and can't wait to do more - it's great learning a new craft! x