This week I turned 31. I had a great birthday - mostly spent in the pub with ten or so other mums and their babies/toddlers and a couple of dads too (including Sam, who had the day off). This followed a lovely chatty walk on the hills. I received two great books for my birthday - a book on making children's clothes from my sister in New Zealand and the Radical Homemakers book from a relatively new friend. It's great when people expertly judge exactly what kind of thing you'll love! I can't wait to get reading...

Lovely fabric below for the strap! Just wanted to leave a comment when i saw the book Making Children's Clothes, as I work for the publisher. Since I was on mat leave when it was published I had no say in the designs..; ) I hope you like it. We are doing another one for up to 5's...out in Autumn. I have been wanting to read Radical Homemakers for while, would love to hear what you think of it!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting! I'll post here when I make something from the book - most of them look nice and easy and suitable for my level of sewing competency. I might try the baby hat first! I'm looking forward to comparing the pattern for the pinafore dress with a similar dress I made for Matilda without using a pattern!
ReplyDelete