Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Presents for 1-year-old boys

Matilda and I went to a lovely 1st birthday party yesterday. The mum had gone to such a lot of effort - baby-friendly foods (including homemade dips, courgette muffins, cheese straws etc), a music session, bubbles, and just a handful of people so it wasn't too overwhelming for any of the babies. The birthday boy even drifted off to sleep while we adults chatted and the babies played. Matilda had a lovely time - sometimes at parties she doesn't really smile and I wonder if it's all a bit much for her - but she was all smiles yesterday, and because it was mostly people she knew she was happy to join in from the start. Much better than a party we went to a few days ago which was mostly for the adults - Matilda was lost in a sea of grown-up legs!

It was another little boy's birthday yesterday too - he and his mum were at the party too - and as both boys' mums are good friends of mine I had two little presents to make. I bought a pack of t-shirts from M&S and used some of my fabric scraps to create applique designs. I also made cards by sewing squares of fabric onto a piece of card.

No comments:

Post a Comment