Thursday, 11 August 2011

'I love you Mummy'

One day this week while we were eating lunch, Matilda said (unprompted), 'I love you Mummy. And Daddy.'

I tell her I love her as I'm nursing her before bed - although I worry that I might forget one day and then she might be upset. But as she is nursing at the time she doesn't have an opportunity to repeat it as she does most things. Still, that and whenever Sam says 'I love you' have obviously sunk in, and she even told me yesterday that she loves the baby (she sometimes likes to stroke my tummy and says she's stroking the baby). She's also been really affectionate and cuddly lately, which I've been enjoying. She puts her arms around my neck and holds on really tight. She's always asked for cuddles at night since I became pregnant and cut down on nightfeeds, but has never really wanted a hug in the day except if she hurts herself. She was always too busy doing something else.

At bedtime she pulls Sam's head towards hers for her goodnight kiss and then asks him to 'kiss those feet' and waves her feet in the air, followed by toes, hands, fingers and thumbs. She likes to fall asleep with her arms around Bear and my arms around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment