Thursday, 19 August 2010

Meeting Amy Butler

Here I am sat next to the very glamorous Amy Butler, designer of lovely fabrics, patterns and other creative wonders. She was visiting my local sewing/knitting shop, the Knitting Parlour, as part of a brief tour of some of her UK stockists. The shop invited customers to come along to a 'yarn-tasting evening', to meet Amy over a glass of wine. I went along with a friend (who knits) and we both had a great evening talking to other sewing and knitting enthusiasts. They're a friendly bunch in the Knitting Parlour and they put on a really good event. It would have been a fun evening even without the special guest! But it was also lovely meeting Amy herself - what a friendly and approachable person - I enjoyed talking to her about sewing, quilting, knitting, designing and a lot more besides (including, bizarrely, National Trust properties). It's always good talking to people who are so passionate about what they do - you come away feeling full of enthusiasm.

I've been eyeing Amy's 'Little Stitches' book for a while so I decided to buy it so that I could get it signed. Now I just need to find time to make some of the gorgeous things from it! I was glad that such a rare evening out turned out so well - a couple of glasses of wine, some good company, and surrounded by pretty fabrics and yarns. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment