Sunday, 19 September 2010

Cute booties

One of my oldest friends had a baby boy last week (congratulations!) so I wanted to make something special for the new arrival. I spent a while flicking through Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones (weighing up how ambitious I wanted to be against how much time I actually had!) and decided on the 'cute booties' in a 3-6 months size. They were fairly easy to make - just a bit fiddly at the end, sewing through lots of layers to attach the sole. I couldn't get hold of any fusible fleece so I used some leftover pieces of a fleece jacket bought at a charity shop a while ago for another project. The fleece sits between the exterior and lining fabrics (both of which were cut from scraps of Amy Butler fabrics) and gives the booties a nice squishy padded feel. They're not perfect by any means, but they still look cute. I hope my friend is pleased with them!


1 comment: