Friday, 17 September 2010

Finally - a babywearing bag!

I've been mentally planning this bag for ages. I wanted something simple, versatile for wearing with a sling (and a toddler!), large enough to hold a couple of cloth nappies, drinks bottle, snacks and all the other stuff I seem to end up carrying round! I bought some canvas months ago to line it with and finally found some suitable exterior fabric a few weeks ago - it's a Liberty print called Strawberry Thief. I found it hiding away in a charity shop disguised as a curtain, and at £2 - what a bargain! The straps are long and tapered at the ends - I can tie them together in various ways depending on how I'm carrying Matilda. I put in an internal zip pocket, big enough for wallet, keys and a few other bits and bobs; the bag itself closes with a velcro flap over the top. I'm really pleased with how it turned out - I'll try and take some action pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric xxx
    Great bag too, after 2 years bags and slings never quite work for me!!

    ReplyDelete