Friday, 11 March 2011

Toddler moments

This week I have been struggling to remain calm in the face of Matilda's increasing awareness of her independence. Too often I've found myself trying to bargain with her, making empty threats or losing my temper. Obviously it doesn't work as she's way too young to understand it! As much as possible we try to go at Matilda's pace but sometimes there are times when we have to be somewhere at a certain time or a limit has to be imposed and then it can get difficult. I've just read Deborah Jackson's Do Not Disturb and that really reinforced the way I would like to parent but let's just say we're learning all the time!

So anyway, I thought I would share some of the lighter moments from our week...
Trying to play with toys despite wearing her 'gubs'.
Eating porridge.
On the big basket swing in the park.
Upsy Daisy having 'Matilda milk'.
Reading to Doll and Bear while Mummy was in the shower.
Helping Mummy cook.
On the climbing frame at the park.
A very huggable hoody.

No comments:

Post a Comment